Free Hand Tattoo Artist
Alita De Ferrari, Italian Vegan Tattoo Artist
who works by appointment only, in Denver CO.
She also attends tattoo conventions throughout the US. Her work is mainly FREE HAND.
Her illustrative style is based on a combination of fine line work and whip shading that gives a delicate stippling effect to her pieces. Her goal is to bring elegance into tattooing by creating fine and detailed designs.
Tell your Vegan friends!
Starting with the upcoming Books Opening (March through December 2023), Alita will donate 5% of every tattoo made to associations who fight for VEGAN causes (such as animal cruelty or environmental).
Every 2 months she will make a contribution to different foundations to support a variety of issues & places!
The 5 chosen associations for this year are:
Alita frequently travels to different destinations to reach whoever lives far and still wants a tattoo from her.
She might be closer than you expect!
TOUR CALENDAR 2023
- Charlotte (NC) - December 2023 - to be confirmed
TOUR CALENDAR 2024
- Philly tattoo Convention
131 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19107
January 26th-28th 2024
- San Francisco (tbc)
- Portland (tbc)
- Salt Lake City (tbc)
• WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
The new location is located in Five Point historical district. More details to come!
• ARE YOU GOING TO TATTOO CLOSE TO MY TOWN SOMEHOW?
I'll start traveling more for work throughout the year within the United States. Check my tour calendar for any updates
• HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?
I usually charge by the piece. Depending on size, details, kind of needle I'll be using, the ink (just black or with some hints of color, or solid color), placement, etc.
The minimum/hourly rate is $450, and the full day session is $2500.
Some placements like rib-cage or fingers start at $500.
• HOW CAN I GET A QUOTE?
WHEN BOOKS ARE OPEN, you can send me the "tattoo inquiry" FORM, filling out all the spaces.
I might ask you more info and then I'll give you a pretty accurate range of price.
For big projects best thing is to work in sessions (full days or half days, depending on your pain tolerance too).
Once I know how the work should be done I will be able to give you a pretty exact estimate for your project.
Keep in mind for my floral designsI mostly work Free hand, as you can see in my portfolio (certain things will still need a stencil but for the most part I draw directly on the skin, with markers, to create a design that flows better to your body).
• HOW CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN DENVER, or any other specific UPCOMING TRIP?
For Denver, books are going to be open from NOVEMBER 2nd to the 5th 2023, ONLY.
For conventions, you can send the INQUIRY FORM during specific Book Openings that will be announced through Instagram.
Once the quote is given to you, we'll need a 30% deposit to book an appointment and it will be applied to the final price of your tattoo.
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. They can be held for up to 6 months.
• DO I NEED TO BUY A TICKET FOR A CONVENTION I'M GETTING TATTOOED IN?
Yes, tickets do not depend on the artists, and you need to buy your own, either online (cheaper) or in loco.
• WHAT'S YOUR TATTOO AFTERCARE?
I do prefer and recommend the Traditional Aftercare (without second skin):
- Leave the plastic wrap for 3-4 hours, the skin needs to rest with a protection.
Leave it overnight for larger tattoos.
- Remove the plastic and wash it with mild soap and fresh water.
Let it dry or tap it with clean paper towel.
- Apply a very THIN layer of cream (Cure by Happy Ink, Hustle, Lubriderm...) 3 times a day, for 2 or 3 weeks (thin because the tattoo has to breathe), Until the tattoo is completely healed.
Never, never use vaseline or Neosporin, because again, the tattoo has to breathe.
-If you have any pet, be careful with its hair and make sure to have clean sheets;
- Avoid direct sun light for 6 weeks.
- Quick showers are good (you must clean it), but do not soak the tattoo.
- Avoid soaking the tattoo, especially in public places like swimming-pools, lakes, hot springs, beach, etc. for 3 weeks. Consider the tattoo is an open wound and those places are full of bacteria and there's a high risk of infection.
- Do NOT Workout and NO Saunas, at least for 1 week!! It is very important to avoid heavy Sweat. The tattoo edges will become fuzzy, and you'll compromise the result of the tattoo, permanently.
- The tattoo will scab and become itchy, do NOT pick it. You might remove some ink!
- Keep the tattoo clean throughout the whole healing process, without washing it excessively.
- Retain from shaving the tattooed zone, till is completely healed.
- Do not let pets rub or lick the tattooed area.
- Limit or possibly avoid consuming alcohol during the first week.
- Consult a physician at the first sign of any adverse reaction (swelling, infection, fever, illness, allergic reactions, etc.)
“Outside of the normal limits of healing, any concerns that your body art has resulted in complications, infection or disease should be reported to: Denver Department of Environmental Health
Public Health Investigations-Body Art 101 W Colfax Ave, Suite 800
Denver, CO 80202
You may also report to your artist any concerns about complications, infections or disease. The rules and regulations governing body art establishments and body artists require that the body artist report those conditions to the Department within 24 hours of discovery.”
• WOULD YOU DO A COVER-UP?
My style is not really suitable for cover-ups but some exceptions can be made. Each tattoo is different, so in this case (WHEN BOOKS OPEN) send me a direct E-MAIL with the following information:
- a close up picture of the existing tattoo;
- the exact size of it;
- a picture a bit from far, not too much, but enough to see the body placement;
- an approximate size, meaning the limits for the final cover up size, so I understand the skin space I'm working with;
- ultimately any references/ideas you have for the cover up concept.
PS. I do cover ups or fixings only at the studio in Denver, at Fallink in Love co; I won't be accepting coverups in conventions, with no exceptions. Thank you for understanding.
For any other question feel free to send an email. 🌿