Alita De Ferrari, Italian tattoo artist who works for appointments only, at Equilattera, a private studio in the heart of Miami. She attends tattoo conventions in Usa and eventually Europe.
Her illustrative style is based on a combination of line work and whip shading, that gives a stippling effect shading to her pieces.
Her goal is to bring Elegance into tattooing by creating delicate and detailed designs.
Alita De Ferrari was born and raised in Italy.
She’s self taught, never went to art school, but thanks to her parents she always liked to draw and paint.
She actually studied foreign languages at the university of Urbino, Italy.
Her father taught her how to engrave, and she’s been making freehand engravings mostly on metal objects, since 2010.
Then, in 2016 she discovered the magical universe of tattooing. Creativity, art and crafts are her passions and life.
She now specializes in line work, dot work and whip shading tattoos, but being very versatile, she enjoys different styles as well.
She moved to the USA in 2017, and she is now proudly part of the Equilattera's family.
(frequently asked questions)
• WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
I'm a resident artist at Equilattera avant-garde skin art, Miami.
• ARE YOU GOING TO TATTOO CLOSE TO MY TOWN SOMEHOW?
My plan is to travel a lot throughout the year within the United States. You can check out my tour calendar.
• HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?
I usually charge by the piece. Depending on size, details, kind of needle I'll be using, the ink (just black or with some hints of color, or solid color), placement, etc.
The studio minimum is $200, and the full day session is $1500.
• HOW CAN I GET A QUOTE?
Send me a preset "tattoo inquiry" (the one above this current page), filling out all the spaces. I might ask you more info and then I'll give you a pretty accurate range of price.
For big projects best thing is to work in sessions (full days or half days, depending on your pain tolerance).
Once I know how the work should be done I will be able to give you a pretty exact estimate for your project.
• HOW CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN MIAMI?
Once the quote is given to you, we'll need a 30% deposit to book an appointment and it will be applied to the final price of your tattoo.
Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. They can last for 1 year, maximum.
• HOW CAN I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT IN A SPECIFIC CONVENTION?
Send a preset "tattoo inquiry", specifying what convention or city you want to get tattooed in, and I'll tell you my availability. Once I give you a quote, in order to secure your spot I'll need a deposit, that will go toward the final price (again, deposits are non-refundable, non-transferable).
• DO I NEED TO BUY A TICKET FOR A CONVENTION I'M GETTING TATTOOED IN?
Yes, tickets do not depend from the artists, and you need to buy your own, either online (cheaper) or in loco.
• WHAT'S YOUR TATTOO AFTERCARE?
- Leave the plastic wrap for 3 hours, the skin needs to rest with a protection.
Leave it overnight for larger tattoos.
- Remove the plastic and wash it with mild soap and fresh water.
Let it dry or tap it with clean paper towel.
- Apply a very THIN layer of cream (Cure by Happy Ink, Hustle, Lubriderm...) 3 times a day, for 2 or 3 weeks (thin because the tattoo has to breathe), Until the tattoo is completely healed.
Never, never use vaseline or Neosporin, because again, the tattoo has to breathe.
- Avoid direct sun light for 6 weeks.
- Avoid swimming-pool and the beach, for 3 weeks. Consider the tattoo is an open wound and those places are full of bacteria and there's a high risk of infection.
- Do NOT Workout, at least for 1 week!! This is very important. The tattoo edges will become fuzzy, and you'll compromise the result of the tattoo, forever.
- Quick showers are good (you must clean it), but do not soak the tattoo.
- The tattoo will scab and become itchy, do NOT pick it. You might remove some ink!
- Keep the tattoo clean throughout the whole healing process, without washing it excessively.
• WOULD YOU DO A COVER-UP?
My style is not really suitable for cover-ups but some exceptions can be made, or another style can be chosen. Each tattoo is different, so in this case send me a direct E-MAIL with the following information:
- a close up picture of the existing tattoo;
- the exact size of it;
- a picture a bit from far, not too much, but enough to see the body placement;
- an approximate size, meaning the limits for the final cover up size, so I understand the skin space I'm working with;
- ultimately any references/ideas you have for the cover up concept.
PS. I do cover ups or fixings only at the studio in Miami, Equilattera; I won't accept this kind of work in conventions, with no exceptions. Thank you for understanding.
For any other question feel free to send me a message. 🌿